Episode 178 of the Sexology Podcast
In this episode Dr. Holly speaks with Dr. Moali about shame after sexual trauma, how survivors can regain their desire, learning to re-engage with positive sexual experiences and the importance of seeking out sex positive therapists.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Why do survivors experience shame around sex?
- Misconceptions around the causes of rape
- How people feel sexual shame after trauma in their bodies?
- Learning to show up for your body
- Navigating having positive sexual experiences
- Unhealthy habits survivors can pick up
- How desire disappears as survivors restrict their sexuality
- Looking at sexual dysfunctions
- Why it’s important to seek out a sex positive therapist